August 28, 2011

We did it!

The Top of Utah Half Marathon is finally over! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have wished for this day to just come already! I'm really glad that I did the half, I might not have finished as fast as I wanted, and the weather just made it harder, but I now feel a sense of accomplishment, and that makes it all worth it!

I was lucky enough to do the half with my wonderful mom and mother-in-law, and my good friend Ashley that I just met this last summer in summer school. Somehow I was able to convince all three of these crazies to run this thing with me. Are you ready for some pictures? Okay, here you go.

 Linda, Karen, Me, Ashley (Linda and Karen had already finished and were running in with Ashley and me). We were just really close to the finish!

 Same thing as above!

 Linda and me at the finish with our aweomse medals! There were so many people, we couldn't find my mom! :(

Oh! There's my mom! We are all awesome for being crazy enough to do this. What were we thinking??

Like I said, the half marathon was a great experience, and it was aweosme to have something to work towards during the summer. I'm really glad I did the half marathon! At least I think I am...is being sore worth it? Yes, yes it is.

I would also like to say THANK YOU a million-billion times to my awesome husband, Tyler, for being there for me during those three really hard months of training, for being my waterboy on my long runs, for supporting me before, during and after all of my races, and for being there to make me get up in the mornings. Without Tyler, I wouldn't have been able to run 13.1 long miles yesterday, so, thank you Tyler!

I think I will probably stick to the 10k distance for a while. Maybe at sometime in the future I'll do another half...maybe. Anybody want to do one with me?



P.S. Ashley, did you want to make the TOU half a tradition for us? Or do you still want to kill me for dragging you into it?

1 comment:

Ashley Mertlich said...

Definitely a tradition! I loved it... although hurting pretty good now haha! :) but SO much fun! Thanks girl :)