August 2, 2011

I did it!

Today, I decided to prove to myself that I can run 3 miles without stopping. Something I have yet to do in my entire life. Yes, I know that 3 miles doesn't sound like much when I'm supposed to be running a half marathon (13.1 miles) in about 3 1/2 weeks. Really though, it feels like a big accomplishment, and I'm really proud of myself for getting this far! I'm proud of all of the progress that I have made in the last two months! I just want to say thank you to Tyler for making me get out of bed in the mornings to go for my runs and for always being there before my races and at the end of my races cheering me on (and taking pictures). I would also like to say thank you to my mom and to Linda for their words of encouragement, and for going on this half marathon journey with me.

What have you done today that you are excited about?

No comments: