August 1, 2011

The crazy month of July!

July was an absolutely CRAZY month for Tyler and me. We call July our celebratory month -- Our anniversary is July 7th, Tyler's birthday is July 12th, and my birthday is July 25th. Crazy, I know. For our celebratory month we decided to just get one bigger present for us to share, then only spend about $5 for birthdays. So, what did we get ourselves? Drum roll please...

 A Kindle!

I have been wanting a Kindle for a long time now! Can I tell you a secret? It was totally worth purchasing too, because I love it! We got it just a couple of days before our anniversary, and I have already read the last 5 Harry Potter books on it! Yes!

For our very first anniversary we did something special. Something that a lot of people don't do on their anniversary...we went to a family reunion! Yep, you read that correctly, we went to a family reunion. It was with all of my dad's extended family, and it was down at Zion Ponderosa (Zion National Park) and we had a lot of fun! My mom was nice enough to bring the top of our wedding cake to the reunion so we could do the traditional "eat the top of your wedding cake on your first anniversary" thing. It tasted really good! Even though we didn't really celebrate our anniversary by doing anything spectacular on our own, it was still awesome to be able to get away for the weekend and spend all of that time together!

Tyler got really lucky for his birthday. He got to go to school and work! We went out to Olive Garden for dinner that night and watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince! I felt bad because we didn't get to do more on his birthday, so I let him do/have pretty much whatever he wanted for the whole birthday week!

My birthday started out BRIGHT AND EARLY! My mother-in-law Linda had a great idea...the Deseret News 10k. Yippee! The race started at 6:05 a.m. so I had to wake up at a whopping 4:30! I haven't seen that time on the clock for the longest  time! The race was okay, I cut 2 whole minutes off of my previous 10k time! My mom and Linda both killed me though. I wasn't surprised, they are amazing! After the race we went out to breakfast at the Original House of Pancakes with some of my family, and some Tyler's family! Before heading back to Logan, Tyler and I went bowling with my parents, and I was the overall winner for the day! Yes! I also had a personal record -- I bowled a 164 and a bowled a turkey all in the same game! Birthdays are fabulous! Once Tyler and I got back to Logan, we just chilled, watched the Bachelorette and then went to bed. We were all partied out!

 I really do love being able to celebrate all of these things in the same month! I get to reflect on the time that Tyler and I have had together, and I get to celebrate my sweet husband's life, and it really makes me remember just how lucky I am!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Go Katie! You are awesome for all of this running and training! Glad you guys are having such a great summer :)