May 31, 2011

SLACKER!!

I have been a total slacker lately. Unfortunately. I don't really feel like there is very much to blog about right now though. We're just doing the same thing, you know, going to school and work! Oh, I've been meaning to tell you... I chopped off a lot of hair a couple of weeks ago! It is now above my shoulders, and completely frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I love the haircut, I'm just so used to being able to put my hair in a ponytail and then forget about it. Not anymore! I actually have to take some time to do it... but it's ok. It is different than what I'm used to, and I like it! Change is good.

Here's another update: as of right now, I'm planning on doing the Top of Utah Half Marathon in August! I don't really know why either, I really dislike running. I think it's because it is so far out of my comfort zone, and I want to prove to myself that I can do it. Should be easy, right? Wrong again. I need new running shoes. I know, I know, I already have a ton of shoes. One pair is for tennis, one pair is just to wear casually (I've tried running in them, and for some reason they make my ankles hurt), one pair makes my shins hurt when I run, and the last pair I've had for about five years now. Crap. Buying a new pair of shoes is sometimes frustrating, I think.

Do any of you have really good tips for half marathon training? So far I'm pretty pathetic and can only run about 2 miles... maybe on a good day. Let me know.

One more thing... I am done with my summer classes next week!! I'm super excited about it too. I am ready for my summer to start! Even though I will just be transitioning from school to my internship at the hospital. It should be exciting. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a happy week!

No comments: