February 21, 2012

Let's just say I'm really bad at this whole blogging thing...

I know, I know... in my post last week I said that I would blog "tomorrow" about my Valentine's Day, and, well, I didn't. Anyway, I'm just going to get to the point and tell you all about our super low-key Valentine's Day. Really though, it was SUPER low-key.

On Valentine's Day, we woke up and went to work and school (yippee)! Tyler was lucky enough to work until 6:00 pm, so I was just hanging out at home by myself for a few hours. Don't worry though, I stayed plenty busy...you see, Tyler and I decided to just eat dinner at home so that we wouldn't have to fight all of the Valentine's crowds, and let me tell you, it was an excellent decision! So, you're wondering what we had for dinner? Why I had to hang out at Walmart so Tyler could go home and get his wallet? Yeah, we had some Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu, and if I would've been thinking properly, I would've taken some pictures, but alas, I did not. Just know that it was delicious and super easy!

[insert picture here]

Then, I made some Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies once the chicken was in the crock pot...AND they were delicious and super easy. I would definitely recommend them.

[Insert cookie picture here]

Once we had finished our Valentine's dinner, we decided to go to Walmart to see if there were any other presents that we wanted to get for each other. Wally World always seems to pull through for us, and we got another movie! Just the fabulous The Emperor's New Groove! A movie that I have wanted for a long time now was finally on the cheap rack! Score!

Even though we didn't do anything out-of-the-ordinary to celebrate the special day of love, it was still great to spend time with Tyler and just remember why I love him so much, and to try and do special little things for him throughout the day to show him.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

i just love it when you blog.

The Nortons said...

I'm stealing this cookie recipe for my YW activity tomorrow. Thanks!