January 30, 2012

Today has been...

...a no good very very bad day. Okay, in comparison with other people's lives, my day has been fantastic, but it is just not living up to my expectations. I know that I can choose to be happy if I want, but sometimes the universe just seems to be against me. Class was okay this morning, but it is what happened after class that has really made me wish I could just go back to bed and start all over again. Or at least sleep until tomorrow... anyway... here's what has gone wrong. Mind you, I know that some of these things are trivial, but just go with it.

I have been super stressed lately about getting all of the credits I need to graduate this semester, not because I have a lot left, I just had to wait for things to fall into place. Which was nerve-wracking. So, I went to turn in my paperwork today after class and it turns out that I can't have two separate internships under the same course number. You see, I am already registered for two internships, and I was adding a third... I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. After being lectured about how it's up to me to make things happen, and basically since I'm a senior I should know better and how stuff like this isn't going to fly in the real-world, we got things worked out. Still, it was the breaking point. I made it home and had a meltdown...and got back into bed for about an hour.

Once I got out of bed, I did some dishes. Nothing bad here. But next is where it goes downhill... I decided to make a smoothie for lunch! So, I got out our Magic Bullet (that we bought for $16) and made my smoothie. Everything except for the ice blended nicely. Seriously? So, I decided to just forget about it and have a frothy, fruity drink.

I was still hungry, so I decided to have a piece of toast. The toast popped up, and of course, it was black on one side. Still, I put Nutella on it and it wasn't too bad.

I was getting ready to leave to come to work, and I was tracking the bus online so I wouldn't have to wait outside forever. As I was looking at my phone to find out how much time I had until the bus got to my stop, I heard the bus pull up. Ugh. The online tracker was behind by a couple of stops.

I know that these things are stupid, and that I should be grateful that I have a frothy fruity drink to drink, and some black toast to eat, and that my legs work so I can walk to school, and that I have a coat to keep me warm outside, but I've just passed the breaking point, and I'm not feeling too positive right now. Also, it is a great excuse to not go to the gym today. I'm afraid that if I go, I'll break my ankle or something.

Thanks for letting me rant, everybody. Kudos to you if you made it this far. I'm only human, and beings I'm at work and can't really complain to anybody, it feels good to just let it all out.

I hope you are all having a better Monday than I am!

1 comment:

Madeline said...

let's go to fun fit forever on wednesday! no breaking ankles allowed!