March 30, 2011

Peanut Butter & Jelly

I love to eat. This wouldn't be such a bad thing, except it constantly distracts me from being productive. For instance, right now I'm at work. Work is fine, I sit in a computer lab to help people with their computer-related questions, and I help charge people for their print-outs. Unfortunately, I have a PB&J in my backpack, and that is all I can think about! One PB&J is not enough to quite satisfy me either. Once the one in my backpack is gone, I will just want another. Wanting to eat isn't distracting me from my lab consultant duties, but it makes it awfully hard to get homework done. So, what do I do? Well, I tell myself that I can't eat my sandwich until 3:30.Only 50 minutes to go. I can do this.

Maybe I should plan my meals better so I can stop thinking about the dang PB&J in my backpack...what do you think?

**Update: It is now 3:48 and my PB&J has been gone for about 10 minutes now.**

Now I think it is important to tell you what I think about once my sandwich is gone. I stare at the clock until it is time to go home. I don't know which is worse -- staring at the clock for an hour and a half, or thinking about my PB&J. I guess now would be a good time to try and figure out my corporate finance homework...

1 comment:

Kolby and I said...

You know what the funny thing is? I do the same thing. .. if I know that I have food I sit there and think about it until I break down and eat it, but if I don't have food I'm much more productive. Who would have thought that starvation leads to productivity?!!