July 18, 2011

Legacy Midnight Run!

My mom and I had this brilliant idea...to run in a "Midnight 10k race." I try to blame it on her, but she tries to blame it on me. It doesn't matter who is to blame though, because the race was a success! It was definitely very challenging, and I will say this: my mom totally kicked my butt! You see, the race was a 10k (or 6.2 miles) and it started at 11:00 pm. The goal was to "beat the midnight hour," and we had to wear glow sticks because we were running on an unlit/poorly lit trail. That's okay though. My mom totally rocked the race! She came in at 11:59 pm, I think, and I came in at 12:09 am. I was definitely proud of myself for finishing though, I had only trained for up to 3-4 miles, so almost doubling my longest distance? Yikes! It was awesome though, it was a great way to keep training for the Top of Utah Half Marathon that we are doing at the end of August! Here are some fun pictures from Saturday night!!

This was before the race! We had our bibs on and our glow sticks were glowing! All that was left was the 45 minute wait until the race started!

 The wonderful "Honey Buckets!"

 Oh, you know, just prepping for the race... not really though, just posing for a picture!

Showing off our glow sticks! Kudos to Tyler for managing to get a picture that actually shows the glow!

I was super happy to be done with the race! At the time, I totally didn't want my face in the picture. Now, I kind of regret it because I messed up a cute picture. Whatever. The hand on my face just shows how exhausted I was. It is hard to run 6.2 miles...even more so in the middle of the night!

After we got home from the race! Notice I'm still wearing my glow-bracelets? They were pretty awesome. Actually, I think I was too tired to take them off!

Running the 10k was a totally awesome experience! Thanks to my mom for running it with me, and a HUGE thanks to my sweet husband Tyler who is my biggest support - being there before the race, and after! He even let me hug him while I was all sweaty and stinky. Now THAT is true love!

No comments: