Here's how it happened:
1. I went to Walmart to buy my supplies. (Yarn and styrofoam cones. I borrowed some Elmer's glue and yarn from my mom too)
2. During the USU vs. BYU football game (GO AGGIES!) I glued a circle of white paper to the bottom of each cone so the foam wouldn't flake everywhere.
3. Then, I put a line of elmer's glue all around the bottom for the yarn to stick to.
4. Then I just wound yellow yarn around and around and around until it looked like the base of a candy corn! Once I got to that point I just put some more glue on the cone to finish that section.
5. I did the same thing with the Orange yarn. You just keep winding yarn until you think it looks good.
6. The white tip was probably the hardest part. I covered the tip with glue, and put strips of yarn across the top until I couldn't see the cone underneath. I really only had to do one layer really carefully. Then I just wound the white yarn around like I did the other sections, but to finish it off this time, I think I tied a little knot, then hid the end of the yarn underneath other strands. There's probably a better way to finish it, so you can just do what you like.
Now, for some pictures of my candy corns with my other decorations!!
What crafts have you made lately??