October 10, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like ... Halloween!

 ToYou guys! I made a craft! A Halloween craft! And I love it! You see, I don't have very many Halloween decorations, mostly because I don't have many places to put them, or store them, but I do enjoy getting them out every year. Last year I found this cute decoration on Pinterest, but didn't get around to making it until this year! It's super easy, so I don't know if it REALLY counts as a craft, because anybody could do it. I should've taken pictures of the process, but I didn't. Want to see what I made??

Here's how it happened:

1. I went to Walmart to buy my supplies. (Yarn and styrofoam cones. I borrowed some Elmer's glue and yarn from my mom too)
2. During the USU vs. BYU football game (GO AGGIES!) I glued a circle of white paper to the bottom of each cone so the foam wouldn't flake everywhere. 
3. Then, I put a line of elmer's glue all around the bottom for the yarn to stick  to. 
4. Then I just wound yellow yarn around and around and around until it looked like the base of a candy corn! Once I got to that point I just put some more glue on the cone to finish that section. 
5. I did the same thing with the Orange yarn. You just keep winding yarn until you think it looks good. 
6. The white tip was probably the hardest part. I covered the tip with glue, and put strips of yarn across the top until I couldn't see the cone underneath. I really only had to do one layer really carefully. Then I just wound the white yarn around like I did the other sections, but to finish it off this time, I think I tied a little knot, then hid the end of the yarn underneath other strands. There's probably a better way to finish it, so you can just do what you like. 

Now, for some pictures of my candy corns with my other decorations!!

Sorry that one is a little blurry...

My favorite holiday shelf! If you want the Pinterest directions, you can go here!

What crafts have you made lately?? 

Happy Friday!

No comments: