January 3, 2014

The great (early) Christmas surprise!

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year's! I know we did! I just want to tell you a Christmas story real quick before I forget... 

This year I was just real excited for Christmas! As soon as Thanksgiving was over I was in full-on Christmas mode. Mostly because Tyler's biggest present had already been ordered! (The present is really from my parents, I just picked it out. Thanks Mom and Dad!!) You see, Tyler and I have never really done surprises for each other, so this was a new experience. I'm not good at keeping secrets from him. 

Unfortunately, a week before Christmas I realized that I ordered the big present too early, and the 30-day return period would be OVER before Christmas even got here. How could I have not realized this sooner?? I started freaking out... What if he wanted to exchange it? There was only one solution...

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! 

I was slightly disappointed because the present didn't make it until Christmas morning, but as soon as it was time to open it I couldn't hardly contain my excitement. All along Tyler thought it was a gift for both of us... He was wrong...

It was a new road bike for him!! (the picture is after we opened it... I don't think I have taken a picture of the actual bike) 

Tyler was very surprised, and it just made me so so happy! I will say though, it was quite a relief to not have to keep that secret for the extra week.

I will tell you about the rest of our Christmas VERY soon. 😀

Did you have any fun surprises this year?

1 comment:

Madeline said...

How fun! That's awesome. I made Alex a frame with all of his mission ties in it, because they just sit in the closet and gather dust! It was a surprise and he loved it!